If you want a healthy decadent treat, this paleo almond dark chocolate is for you.
One evening after dinner, I was scrounging around for a little treat to give myself. When I couldn’t find anything to fill my sweet tooth, I became desperate and this is how this recipe was born. I decided to make something similar to the Costco bag of dark chocolate that I used to buy before removing dairy from our diet. I have made this so many times since the holidays and it’s such a hit with everyone. I even made some for my brother to take back to NYC at his request. The best part is this paleo almond dark chocolate only requires 3 ingredients unlike the store bought version that has way too many unnecessary ingredients.
I have always been a dark chocolate lover. The mixture of the bitter and sweet is just a perfect combination in my book. I prefer dark chocolate that’s about 85% cocoa. Oh so good! For this recipe, you can do whatever chocolate you prefer and you can even use the regular kind instead of paleo.
Heres’s how to make your own. I linked the chocolate chips from Amazon below but I also pick them up from Target when they’re on sale.
Paleo Almond Dark Chocolate
- 2 Cups Paleo dark chocolate chips or regular chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- Sliced Almonds
- Fill the chocolate chips inside a deep microwaveable bowl and add the coconut oil on top. Microwave for 1.5 minutes.
- Stir with a fork. While mixing, if the chocolate doesn’t get silky smooth, you may need to microwave a little longer. Try doing it in increments of 15 seconds as you don’t want to burn your chocolate.
- Pour onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. You can make it as thin or thick as you want depending on the size of the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle as much sliced almonds that you want on top.
- Place in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Break apart and place the pieces in a container. I like to keep mine in the fridge but you can store anywhere that’s cool and dry. Enjoy!
Here’s a video showing you just how easy it is to make. I got my little niece, Nora in the video and you can see we all share a love for dark chocolate!
Share them and feel good about making a healthier alternative to traditional chocolate bars.
Love these cuties!
Happy healthy eating, friends!
Let all that you do be done in Love. 1 Corinthians 16:14
I have included some affiliate links for your convenience. Thanks for supporting my blog!